Tuesday, January 7, 2014

It's Finally Here!

Today is my Featured Blogger Day on The SITS Girls, and I am so excited! Welcome to anyone who is just joining me today!

I have a story to share. I considered holding off on posting it until after my SITS Day, but then I figured, hey, they might as well get the full picture of what this blog is really all about!

(Spoiler alert: It's mostly about pee. And poop. And tantrums. And various other toddler related messes. But also general silliness and happy toddler times.)

So here we go!

We took the Christmas tree down last night. It was so incredibly dead and dry, with super sharp, prickly needles. It was time to go.

Ladybug stayed occupied through most of the process, playing with the bead garland.

BEADS!!


However, as we were struggling to get the tree out of the darn stand, Ladybug decided she needed in on the action. I kind of shooed her away, as I didn't really think it was a great idea for her to be standing under an unsteady, prickly pine tree.

Oh, did I mention she is recently potty trained? Recently as in we started the process less than a week ago.

Next thing I knew, she was naked on the bottom half, running around the family room and yelling "I peed! I peed!"

I was under the Christmas tree at this time, and Superdaddy was trying to pull the tree out of the stand without spilling the water or scraping the ceiling. So it took a few minutes before I could fully investigate the peeing claims, including the most important question of "where?"

Thankfully, it was contained within the potty. Hooray!

By this point, Superdaddy had managed to haul the tree outside into the cold. (Seven degrees, what?! Yeah, I know that's actually a lot warmer than the temps a lot of you are dealing with right now.)

While he was outside, Ladybug discovered the big pile of pointy needles the tree left behind on the carpet. So of course she did the only logical thing there was to do…

Jump in the pile! (While yelling, "I'm jumping in the pile!") Obviously.

May I remind you, she was still naked from the waist down.

So naturally, being the fabulous parent that I am, I did the only logical thing there was to do…

Take pictures! Obviously.


Superdaddy came back inside to find this scene and started to try to put a stop to the jumping.

Then she slipped. Bare bottom first. Into the pile of Christmas tree needles.

She wasn't particularly disturbed by this. But there was a problem. Superdaddy was afraid she might have needles in her "girly parts."

So we chased her around the house, all the while she was yelling "I don't have them in my girly parts!"

Well, to make a long story, um… not quite as long… She did.

And she wasn't too pleased about removing them. Or putting on pants. Or the vacuuming up of the remaining needles.

But we all survived.

Then the vacuum broke. Oops.

They say you know you're a parent when you're a pro at changing poopy diapers, or when you can make a bottle in your sleep. I'd venture to say, you're not a real parent until you've removed something other than poop from your child's "girly parts" and lived to tell the tale.

Hope you've enjoyed your visit! Feel free to follow me on any of the social media sites to the right of this post!

24 comments:

  1. O my! What a story! Those kind ofvevents make the best memoires ;) Happy SITS Day lovely :) XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely one to remember! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. LOL! Toddlers are hilarious and they keep on kicking no matter what! Happy SITS Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, man! Love it!!! We're in the process of potty training my baby brother... I don't know if I'm ready for that quite yet... lol Happy SITS Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your SITS Day from an accountant who reconciles accounts all day and puts together spreadsheets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A fellow accountant! Yay! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. Ah, the joys of toddlerhood! Makes me remember those days fondly but also be kinda glad my kids don't need any help with the bathroom anymore :) Hope you're having a great SITS day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a great story! So glad you were the SITS girl with this, it made me smile and remember my own days like these. Keep up the documenting, it is a worthy thing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad it made you smile! Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  7. Love that you call your little girl 'ladybug' in your posts. Visiting via SITS. Hope your day was grand.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Coming to visit you on your SITS Day! I hope it's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL! Well that is going to be one story she's going to be embarrassed about when you retell it in her teenage years!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely lovely blog!! It's so nice to meet you :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was excited to see you featured! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was so excited/nervous that it was finally my turn! I love your new site! Are you happy with the change?

      Delete